Artis International Internships
Artis International offers a competitive internship program for those interested in deepening their understanding of causation for politically motivated violence. Selected interns will have the opportunity to compete for research positions within Artis. Successful Artis interns are well positioned to enter top university programs or the related job market. Below are the specifics for the internship programs. Please note that non-citizens of the United States who make an internship application will be required to handle their own Visa related requirements for travel to Washington DC and must provide related evidence to Artis once internship selections are made.
You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- The research application, resume or CV and two letters of reference (one academic and one professional) must be submitted via the form by March 1, 2016.
- The application must take the form of a research proposal (maximum of 500 words). The proposal should describe the research, including an overview, description of the target population(s), methodology, and the study implications for science and policy.
- Research proposals should focus on understanding pathways to or from politically motivated violence by individuals or groups.
- Successful applications will be announced by March 31, 2016.
- Those selected will be asked to be in Washington DC for a one day Artis Internship Workshop which will take place the week of June 13, 2016.
Artis Intern Workshop:
- Selected interns are required to pay for their own travel arrangements to Washington, DC. Hotel accommodations will be made for the interns for two nights.
- Each intern will receive all other interns’ research proposals. Interns are required to read and be prepared to engage on all topics.
- Interns will be required to present their research (60 minutes: 30 minutes for the presentation and 30 minutes for Q&A) for critique from their peers and Artis staff.
- Logistics of the workshop will be announced in April 2016.
- Interns are required to conduct their research between the time they are selected for the program and September 30, 2016.
- On September 30, 2016, interns will submit their research papers (describing the results of the study). All papers must have been reviewed by at least one other intern.
- Artis staff will select research papers for publication on the Artis website.
- Interns selected for publication will be awarded with the title of Research Assistant or Research Fellow and will be given the opportunity to contribute to ongoing research at Artis.
Other Important Information:
- Artis does not pay interns.
- This internship is a remote position.
- Artis will only cover the hotel and food expenses at the workshop.
- Interns selected for publication will be promoted within Artis and be eligible to work as a paid researcher.
Please direct questions to [email protected]
You can apply for the Artis International Internship by filling out this form:
*ALL FIELDS REQUIRED